Women Destroy Science Fiction! around the web
Women Destroy Science Fiction! has been out for a few weeks now, and enthusiasm shows no sign of abating.
- Nonfiction Editor Wendy N. Wagner and I talked to Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy about the project.
- Geek & Sundry did a Q&A with me, and I got to announce Lightspeed‘s plans for 2016.
- Matthew Sanborn Smith talked about his favorite WDSF! story on StarShipSofa’s Fiction Crawler feature.
- Women Destroy Science Fiction! was reviewed on NPR Books by K. Tempest Bradford. (The usual warning about reading comments applies.)
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing reviews the issue here.
- Tor.com’s Brit Mandelo did a two-part review: Part 1, and Part 2.
- Our WDSF! Podcast Producer, Gabrielle de Cuir of Skyboat Media, has been posting some videos with background, outtakes, and teasers from their remarkable recording sessions: WDSF: The Cast!, WDSF: Jonathan L. Howard reading Rhonda Eikamp, Walking Awake: N.K. Jemisin – Bahni Turpin, WDSF: Salvage by Carrie Vaughn narrated by Susan Hanfield, WDSF: The Case of the Passionless Bees
- The Science Fiction Book Club based in the U.K., with over 3000 members across a number of platforms, has selected WDSF! as their October reading. This is the first time they’ve ever chosen a periodical for their group!
- Geek Girls Rule! reviewed the issue here.
- A two-part review of WDSF! by Cecily Kane at Manic Pixie Dream Worlds: Part 1, and Part 2.
The limited edition was available at Readercon, and we’ve heard that one vendor sold out, and the other ended the convention with only two copies remaining (and has requested more for future conventions). And the WDSF! reading that our fabulous Editorial Assistant Jude Griffin put together was standing room only, despite not being a part of official programming and occurring during the dinner hour! I wish I could have been there.
I remain humbled and grateful for the reception this project has received. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support!