In the past week, I have:
- Finished nine centerpieces, three bouquets, and three boutonnieres in the nick of time
- Driven to Reno with my fiancé and two children
- Attended Worldcon
- Watched my friend Alan Smale win the Sidewise Award for Alternate History
- Arrived late to the induction of our newest Inkpunk, Galen Dara
- Married said fiancé, thus leveling him up to Husband
- Spent time with all manner of family and friends
- Prepared and practiced an acceptance speech on behalf of Tony C. Smith, who kindly designated me as his accepter if he won the Hugo for the second time
- Attended the Hugos Reception, and had my picture taken with the other nominees in the Best Fanzine category
- Was briefly disappointed for Tony when the Sofa didn’t win, but that was quickly wiped away by the sheer boundless gratitude and enthusiasm of the Drink Tank winners.
- Held my husband’s hand as he lost two Hugos (but still. TWO NOMINATIONS. In the first year of Lightspeed!)
- Spent the last night of the con in a hotel hallway with some of my favorite people in the world. (Adam Israel, you were sorely missed.)
- Caught Conplague and drove nine hours home
- Arrived to a home decorated in a just-married theme by my dear friend Michelle, a very helpful rejection from GVG, a Boba Fett t-shirt from John, and the latest edition of Realms of Fantasy, in which Alan has a story.
Am now sitting happily in my own bed, doped up on Aleve-D and prepping the next submission.
I really do intend to get back to the Taos Toolbox overview, but things were just too crazy with the wedding and Worldcon coming up. They’re over now, though, thus returning my brain to its full processing power.